My last blog post was about stress testing your android app. Today I found another interesting stress testing tool for iOS. The tool is called UI AutoMonkey. The tool is really simple and can be added directly to your xCode project. UI AutoMonkey runs in UIAutomation and Instruments.
All you have to do is to setup a UIAutomation Instruments template with the provided script. Have a look at the simple installation instructions on the github page. After the setup, UI AutoMonkey is stress testing your app with different commands.
The following code snippet shows the JS script and some defined stress testing commands.
The complete tool documentation can be found here.
What tool are you using for stress testing your iOS app?
Posted by Daniel Knott
Today I found a youtube video collection of the mobile testing summit that took place this year in San Francisco (1st Nov. 2012). The Mobile Testing Summit is a 1 day event organized and hosted by Sauce Labs (http://saucelabs.com). For those who missed the summit, check out the nice video collection on youtube!
- iOS Driver for Native Apps
- Sikuli for Mobile Testing
- Intro to Bwoken
- Calabash: Cross-Platform, Automated Acceptance Testing for Mobile Apps
- Shared Cross-Platform Tests with Frank
- Lightning Talks!
- Closing Lightning Talks & Remarks by Jason Huggins
- Opening Keynote by Jason Huggins
- Mobile First: Rebuilding Facebooks’s engineering and testing for mobile
- Eideticker & Orangutan: Measuring real-world browser performance
- Settings Apple’s UI Automation Free wit Appium
- iOS Automated Testing with Calabash: Tips and Tricks
- MOET: Mobile End-to-End Testing
- iOS Automation with iPhone Driver
- Automating Firefox OS: One Solution to Rule them All