The First Complete Guide to Mobile App Testing and Quality Assurance: Start-to-Finish Testing Solutions for Both Android and iOS, now available in the 2nd edition.
Today, mobile apps must meet rigorous standards of reliability, usability, security, and performance. However, many mobile developers have limited testing experience, and mobile platforms raise new challenges even for long-time testers. This guide is your solution: an end-to-end blueprint for thoroughly testing any iOS or Android mobile app.
Reflecting his extensive real-life experience, Daniel Knott offers practical guidance on everything from mobile test planning to automation. He offers expert insights on mobile-centric issues such as testing sensor inputs, battery usage, and hybrid apps; coping with device and platform fragmentation, and more.
If you want top-quality apps as much as your users do, this guide will help you deliver them. You’ll find it invaluable–whether you’re part of a large development team, or you are the team.
- Establish your optimal mobile test and launch strategy
- Create tests that reflect your customers, data networks, devices, and business models
- Choose and implement the best Android and iOS test tools
- Automate testing while ensuring comprehensive coverage
- Master both functional and non-functional approaches to testing
- Address rapid mobile release cycles
- Test on emulators, simulators, and actual devices
- Test native, hybrid, and web mobile apps
- Gain value from crowd and cloud testing (and understand their limitations)
- Test database access and local storage
- Drive value from testing throughout your app lifecycle
- Start testing wearables, connected homes/cars, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices
Table of Content
- Chapter 1: What’s Special about Mobile Testing?
- Chapter 2: Introduction to Mobile Devices and Apps
- Chapter 3: Challenges in Mobile Testing
- Chapter 4: How to Test Mobile Apps
- Chapter 5: Mobile Test Automation and Tools
- Chapter 6: Additional Mobile Testing Methods
- Chapter 7: Mobile Test and Launch Strategy
- Chapter 8: Important Skills for Mobile Testers
- Chapter 9: What’s Next? And Final Thoughts
- About the Author
It’s a very well researched book and Daniel has clearly put a lot of time and effort into writing it. As someone who also trains testers who are getting started in mobile then I liked the logical flow through the chapters. […] Overall I found the book to be a really useful addition to my library. There are not enough books on mobile testing as this is certainly one I would recommend. It’s not just about mobile application testing either, there are sections on mobile web as well as information about the mobile world in general. […] If you want to know more about mobile testing then I would certainly recommend that you take a look at the book. – Stephen Janaway, Test Coach and Trainer
More information can be found here.
Get the book from leanpub as eBook or from Amazon a paperback version.