In one of my last posts I was writing about my software testing tools that I am using on a daily basis during work. After writing the post about the software testing tools, this post about my mobile apps came to my mind. I am always asking other people what kind of apps they are using and I get this question from time to time as well.
Therefore, I wanted to provide you with an overview of the apps I am using on a daily basis on my Nexus 5.
- WordPress: Preparing new post while on the move
- Google Analytics: Checking my blog stats
- Google Notes: Organizing lists
- Dropbox: Access to files and automatic camera upload to save photos
- Gmail: Using it for mail 🙂
- Whats App: This should be clear, using for messaging
- Threema: Using it because some friends thinks it is more secure.
- Google Hangouts: Using it mainly for old school SMS or as Chrome Extension and when on the move as well.
- Google Calendar: Organizing stuff
- Feedly: RSS feed of my favorite News pages and blogs
- Spox: Sport News App
- Spiegel Online: General news
- News Republic:General news
- Accuweather: Used to get the current weather in the status bar
- wetter.com: Weather updates
- WeatherPro: Weather updates
- Regenradar: An app to get the current rain situation based on your location. You need this in Hamburg :).
Games, nothing to explain :).
- Netflix: Streaming series and movies
- Youtube: Watching videos
- Chromecast: Used to share device with TV screen
- Spotify: Listen to music
- Sonos: Control my wireless speaker
- SoundCloud: Listen to music
- Quick Pic Gallery: A much nicer image gallery than Photo app by Google.
- Photocollage: To create photo collage
- Google Camera: For taking photos
- XING: Business social network where I am working 🙂
- Twitter: Usage is clear :).
- Fenix: Like this twitter client, give it a try. Using it for my second twitter account.
- Instagram: To share unimportant images :).
- Linkedin as Web App: Used as Web App, because native version wants too many rights.
- Facebook as Web App: The same for the Facebook app, too many rights and slows down my phone.
- Meetup: Used for user groups
- Google+: Just using it to post my blog posts.
- Google Maps: Navigation and traffic information.
- Google Fit: Activated it once to see how many steps I am doing within a day, since then I like it.
- Booking.com: Booking hotels and checking prices.
- Genius Scan+: Awesome app to scan documents to jpg or pdf
- Keepass2Android: Password manager
- Google Chrome: Web Browsing
- Airdroid: Used to transfer files and any other stuff from or to my phone
- App Cache Cleaner: Cleaning the device cache from time to time.
- Scrum Poker: Used for work to estimate features and user stories.
- Yelp: Checking restaurants.
What are your favorite apps? I am also looking for app recommendations! Would love to see some comments on that.