The International Software Quality Institute (iSQI) announced a new certification for mobile app professionals – CMAP© Mobile App Testing – Foundation Level.
The first three pilot courses will take place in February and March in UK and Germany. After the pilot courses, there are already some providers offering the
training to get certified.
The syllabus contains the following topics:
- Overview of the Mobile World
- Mobile Application Test Types
- Mobile Application Testing Process & Techniques
- Tools and Automation
After the training, the certified mobile tester is able to
- Assist in adaptation of existing testing processes for testing of mobile applications.
- Support the requirements team in review of mobile application.
- Adapt existing testing experience and knowledge and existing way of testing web and other applications to mobile testing including user expectations.
- Identify and apply appropriate methods for testing of characteristics unique to mobile technology.
- Apply appropriate techniques for testing in a mobile application project.
- Identify and use appropriate tools to assist in mobile application testing including emulators/simulators.
- Assist the mobile application team in identifying potential test automation activities and corresponding tools.
- Improve user experience with a strong understanding of usability.
- Have the ability to identify and apply appropriate methods of testing including proper usage of tools, unique to mobile technology.
- Assist in identification of requirements of a test lab for carrying out mobile application testing.
I will be part of the first pilot course in Germany and I am curious about the certification and if I learn something new :).
The full description by iSQI can be found here.
What dou you think about the certification?