First, Happy new year to everybody! The year has just started and I want to continue writing posts about mobile and testing in general. During my vacation I found this really interesting blog post from Brian MacKenzie “Top 10 Mobile Application Testing Automation Tool Requirements“. This post is a really good summary of the requirements, if you are looking for an automation tool for your mobile apps!
The top 10 requirements are:
- No jailbreaking or rooting devices
- True object recognition
- Integration with existing Integrated Development Environments (IDE)
- High reusability of scripts
- Physical device and emulator/simulator support
- Web application support
- Data driving, screen capturing and standard reporting capabilities
- Support for common interruptions and functionality
- Manual or automatic (scheduled) execution
- Integration with performance testing tools
What do you think about the requirements?
Find the complete post here.